Monday, June 1, 2009

Passion for felt obento


I have a weakness in my heart for cute things, so you can only imagine my delight when a friend presented L with this lovely handmade lunchbox of felt food. It's so cute I really don't want her to play with it!

From top, left to right:
rice ball with egg, fried shrimp, hamburger patty, 2 edamame.
piece of salmon, octopus shaped hotdog, rolled egg, rolled egg and nori, rice ball with furikake.
rice ball with nori, 3 snap peas, bunny shaped apple.

My 2 favorite pieces: the octopus hotdog and the cute edamame - so cute you could eat them!

Now doesn't looking at these cute little things just make you want to make them?? No?

So I went out and bought a whole lot of felt from the 100yen store, some stuffing from the craft store and I found a couple of really cute books! Here is the cutest one (at my friend's etsy shop).

Seriously, what am I thinking. I completely do not have time to sit around in the evening sewing teeny tiny little felt octopus hotdogs.

I made one very cute strawberry... but I think my fascination with making felt food is finished now. That was enough to quench my thirst for creating cuteness. I think it is satisfying enough just to look at the cuteness other people have time to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment